Commonwealth Games Youth Summits
Context and background
The Prince’s Trust UK is the British Council’s founding partner for the Internationalism Alliance, working to ensure all children and young people have equal access to international and intercultural opportunities. Together, we have convened more than 80 organizations to drive this ambition forward.
We are now working together on a series of Youth Summits around the Commonwealth Games and a Global Citizenship learning module. These summits will be focusing on topics that are important to young people such as education, equality, and sustainability. We would like to recruit young people in Commonwealth countries who will join the Prince’s Trust’s 12 Young Leaders group and work on the design and delivery of the summits.
About the opportunity
We are looking for 2-4 young people aged 18-30 to become co-leaders on this project. Young people will have an interest in developing connections internationally and building cohesion in their communities through the power of intercultural connections.
Young people will be trained in a range of skills to support their involvement. e.g. Hear by Right, Media Training, presentation skills, evaluation techniques, digital marketing, etc. Using these skills, they will develop a youth manifesto as part of a global partnership.
Key activities you will be part of
· Supporting in organizing three youth summits looking at themes that are important to young people such as education, equality, and sustainability. A manifesto will be produced and presented.
· Design, deliver and facilitate workshops around the importance of intercultural work and global citizenship.
· You are aged between 18 and 30
· You have a minimum B2 level of English Language proficiency
· You have the capacity and commitment and can work flexibly around the needs of the project
· You want to make an impact to your wider community and form connections internationally
· You can demonstrate youth leadership skills through either participation in a youth-led program/movement, a university/high school society, or a youth club
· One year – May 2021 to May 2022
· Total commitment per month approx. 1-2 days with some flexibility
· Attendance at three Youth Summits in June and October 2021 and May 2022
· Enter a new challenge and meet new, interesting, and like-minded people from around the world
· Have an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of young people
· Receive training and support to carry out your role
· Receive a certificate at the end of the project
· Gain invaluable experience in working with the British Council and the Prince’s Trust
If you are interested in becoming a member of the CWG Young Leaders, you will need to:
· Complete an application form with supporting statement which can be found here: https://forms.gle/hjZBMmfKVmP1NLu58
· the supporting statement should address one of the summit’s topic strands: education, equality, and sustainability
· the supporting statement should be written in English and with a maximum word count of 200 words
· the supporting statement must include a description of your role, what area(s) you were involved in, the activities you were involved in, the challenges you faced, and some successful aspects or achievements in your role. The supporting statement should explain why you would be proud to take part in the Youth Summits around the Commonwealth Games.
Post a Comment