Ghana School Of Law 2021/2022 Admission
The General Legal Council (GLC) is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for admission into the Professional Law Course
To qualify for admission to the Ghana School of Law for the Professional Law Course, applicants must be successful at the Entrance Examination. The categories of applicants listed below are eligible to write the Entrance Examination:
- ALL LLB graduates from the Faculties of Law of Public Universities in Ghana, including KNUST, Kumasi; University of Ghana(Legon) and GIMPA approved by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) and the General Legal Council (GLC).
- ALL LLB graduates from the Faculties of Law of Private University Colleges in Ghana approved by the NAB and GLC.
- ALL Ghanaian LLB graduates or holders of equivalent law degrees from Universities in the United Kingdom, Canada, United States of America and other common law jurisdictions who have obtained passes in all the prescribed subjects/courses for admission to the Professional Law Course.
- For the avoidance of doubt, applicants from overseas/foreign Universities who possess LLB certificates or certificates for equivalent law degrees shall be eligible to write the Entrance Examination if such applicants have passed the subjects below at the LLB or equivalent level:
- Ghana Constitutional Law
- Ghana Legal System and Methods
- Criminal Law
- Law of Equity and Succession
- Law of Torts
- Law of Contract
- Law of Immovable Property
- Company Law
- Commercial Law
In addition to the nine (9) subjects listed above, applicants must have studied and passed any one of the following subjects:
- Law of Natural Resources
- Environmental Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Law of Taxation
Applicants who are admitted to undertake the Professional Law Course are enrolled as Barristers at Law and Solicitors of the Supreme Court upon their successful completion of the Course.
READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY TO COMPLETE YOUR ONLINE FORM.
1. FORM 1 – PERSONAL INFORMATION:
a. Complete all details on the form.
b. Upload your passport picture – make sure the picture is the required size (e. 2M; read
instructions on form). Your picture will be displayed when you click on SAVE AND
CONTINUE, which will send you to FORM 2. You can return to the FORM 1 to view picture
or continue to complete the form.
2. FORM 2 – EXAMINATIONS PAGE:
a. Complete details on ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS
b. Complete details on your EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
c. Complete details on WORK EXPERIENCE if any; ATTACH YOU CV AT FORM 3.
d. Complete details of YOUR CONTACT PERSON
e. Complete details of MISCELLANEOUS. (Please take note, you can drag a box by
clicking the tip (e. click on the 3 lines at the bottom of the box) to see all your
f. PROGRAMME SELECTION (VERY IMPORTANT): Select in ascending order our
ENTRY MODE, CAMPUS, SESSION and the PROGRAMME to study. You will
have to select the ENTRY MODE in order to be able to select the others.
3. FORM 3 – UPLOAD DOCUMENTS – Upload all the relevant documents (Certificates, CV, Transcripts, Referee form, Passport Page (foreign applicants)) that matter to your application. VERY IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR FILE SIZE SHOULD NOT EXCEED 500KB. IF YOUR FILE IS LARGER THAN 500KB, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO UPLOAD THE FILE
4. FORM 4 – SUBMIT APPLICATION ONLY WHEN YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALL ENTRIES ON THE FORMS.
NOTE: You do not need to complete the form at a sitting. You can always log back in with your serial number and PIN stated on your receipt (do not loose your receipt) to complete the form. However when you submit the form, you will not be able to apply online again. YOU CAN ONLY VIEW OR PRINT THE SUBMITTED FORM (click on the PREVIEW at the bottom of the page to print).
Applicants should ensure that they read and follow instructions thoroughly to be able to complete the form.
APPLICANTS ARE TO COMPLETE ALL DETAILS ON THE FORM.
NOTE: DEADLINE FOR SALE AND SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM FOR ENTRANCE EXAMINATION IS 10TH JULY, 2020..
Post a Comment