NEIP WOMEN IN TVET BUSINESS COMPETITION.
NEIP WOMEN IN TVET BUSINESS COMPETITION Call For Application:
WUSC in collaboration with the National Entrepreneurship and Innovation Programme (NEIP) has identified entrepreneurship in the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) sector as a strong pathway towards creating opportunities and empowerment for women. With support from the INVEST project, NEIP is calling for applications from women TVET graduates, start-ups and established business owners interested in incubating or accelerating their TVET businesses within male dominated trades.
WUSC is a Canadian non-profit organization working to create a better world for all young people. WUSC brings together a diverse network of students, volunteers, schools, governments, and businesses who share this vision. Since 2020, WUSC, supported by funding from Global Affairs Canada, and in partnership with an array of stakeholders, has implemented Innovation in Non-Traditional Vocational Education and Skills Training (INVEST), which is a collaborative initiative to promote sustainable pathways and enhance economic empowerment for urban marginalized young women in Ghana.
The National Entrepreneurship and Innovation Programme’s (NEIP) primary objective is to provide integrated national support for start-ups and small businesses. NEIP focuses on providing business development services, start-up incubators and funding for businesses to enable them to grow and become successful. NEIP is therefore set within the context of Ghana’s long-term strategic vision of consolidating its middle-income status, building an industry-driven economy capable of providing decent jobs that are suitable and sustainable for development.
The Women in TVET Business Competition provides technical and financial support to women graduate trainees and entrepreneurs (start-ups and established businesses) to help incubate and/or scale their enterprises in key male-dominated trades. This includes access to business development services geared towards entrepreneurship enhancement, peer support networks and start-up capital (for competition winners). Participants will have opportunities to grow their business acumen and enterprises in an enabling environment, whereby they’re exposed to the major private sector and industry players in technical sectors through activities such as pitching competitions
● Applicants must be women aged 18 years and above.
● Applicants must be a graduate trainee or entrepreneur (including start-up) in one of the competition’s eligible TVET sectors.
● Applicants must reside or operate their business in Accra/Tema, Kumasi or Sekondi-Takoradi metropolis.
● Applying TVET business should be owned and operated by a woman.
● Aspiring participants should either have an idea that requires support to develop into a business, or an entrepreneur that needs business development services to scale.
● Applicants should have an interest in advancing the involvement and progression of young women in non-traditional TVET trades.
ELIGIBLE TVET SECTORS
1. Manufacturing & Engineering (Example: Welding & Fabrication, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Auto-Electrician, Auto-Mechanic etc.)
2. ICT, Electronics & Automation (Example: Programming, Network Administration, Database Administrator etc.)
3. Extractives (Example:. Mining, Oily & Gas, Quarry, etc.)
4. Construction (Example: Masonry, Carpentry & Painting etc.)
5. Energy (Example: Electrical Installation, Solar Installation, Biogas, etc.)
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants can access the online application form at http://neip.gov.gh The application form is also available at the National Entrepreneurship & Innovation Programme (NEIP) head and regional offices.
Application Open: Tuesday, August 31st 2021 Application Deadline: Saturday, 25th September, 2021.
FOR FURTHER ENQUIRIES
Phone : 0209098371 / 030 273 7806 Email: [email protected]
Post a Comment