The project’s multi-sectoral approach draws together global nutrition experience to design, implement and evaluate programs that address the root causes of malnutrition. Committed to using a systems approach, USAID Advancing Nutrition strives to sustain positive outcomes by building local capacity, supporting behavior change, and strengthening the enabling environment to save lives, improve health, build resilience, increase economic productivity and advance development.
From 2020 – 2023, USAID Advancing Nutrition will provide technical support and assessment services to advance the Government of Ghana’s efforts to improve equitable delivery of quality services that promote household resilience and early childhood growth and development.
Technical services provided through USAID Advancing Nutrition will strengthen national and local government planning in Northern Ghana and stimulate the development of multisectoral solutions to the most pressing food security and nutrition problems. The portfolio will encompass activities funded by USAID/Washington and the USAID Ghana Mission.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist management in implementing IT policies, procedures, and protocols across the program.
- Repair faulty Monitors/Laptops with minor faults to ensure computers work at all times
- Manage Network to enable the flow of data transmission and communication.
- Advise on procurement of IT equipment and accessories
- Keep inventory of all IT equipment.
- Maintain and troubleshoot the IT equipment e.g., printers, copiers, phones, cameras, and LAN/WAN infrastructures.
- Perform computer operation functions such as end-of-day processing, backup, recoveries, and network support.
- Set up, administered, and maintained Microsoft Windows and Internet gateways, liaising with outside agencies and consultants as necessary.
- Provide help desk support to all staff users,
- Install and maintain computer hardware for server and client processors
- Design, implement, and use proxy servers.
- Administer shared data connectivity resources for all terminals.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and solve PC and laptop hardware and software faults.
- Install and maintain software, including operating systems and applications.
- Provide technical assistance to system users to ensure uninterrupted business operations.
- Support related budgeting, procurement, and operational matters.
- As needed, support staff in computer applications, particularly Microsoft Office.
Required Skills or Experience
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, Management or related areas is required.
Prior Work Experience:
- Minimum of five years of relevant, progressively responsible work experience in IT
- Previous employment in an IT position on a USAID-funded Activity is preferred. Experience working in multiple countries in the region is a plus.
Languages: Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Competencies: The incumbent must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:.
Skills and Abilities:
- A team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility, and honesty.
- Must have IT-related experience on a USAID-funded project
- Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines
- A self-starter, who can plan and manage his/her own work, takes the initiative and strives to meet deadlines.
- Be able to work in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken, with solid presentation skills.
How To Apply | Information Technology Assistant at USAID Ghana
Interested candidates should submit a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and names and contact details of Three (3) Referees, describing how their skills and experience match the requirements of the position by e-mail
no later than Friday, August 19, 2022.
Post a Comment