2023 The Future is Female Mentorship Program for African female tech founders.
The Future is Female Mentorship Program provides early-stage African female tech founders with insights into PR and communications fundamentals, including creating a communications plan, business storytelling, media relations, and more. The ultimate goal is for PR and communications to support these women in raising the visibility of their startups with multiple stakeholders leading to increased customers, audiences, media coverage, partners, and, of course, direct investment.
The Future is Female Mentorship Program is a PR and communications mentorship program by C. Moore Media International Public Relations (CMM), designed exclusively to the business development needs of African female Tech founders.
In celebration of the 60th Anniversary of Africa Day, the program’s fourth edition promises to reach even more African female Tech founders from across the Continent while introducing additional partners in more diverse sectors, expanding the resources, network, expertise, and knowledge available to mentees. For the first time, Google for Startups Accelerator: Women Founders Africa Program and Salesforce Ventures Impact Fund will collaborate with the program highlighting both organizations support in developing tech across Africa.
Aligning with the goals and objectives of the Future is Female Mentorship Program, the Google for Startups Accelerator: Women Founders Africa Program aims to empower and support women founders on the continent by providing resources and opportunities to scale their startups and address African problems.
Salesforce Ventures Impact Fund has an active interest in Africa and continues to assess opportunities across the Continent. The Fund has invested in some of the region’s top Africa-focused tech startups including Flutterwave and Andela. As part of their support for the program, they will host a session on VC funding for the selected female founders from across Africa.
The Future is Female Mentorship Program Details:
The Future is Female Mentorship Program is delivered virtually, and the mentees are invited to participate in masterclasses and sessions customized to the specific needs of their sector and business.
During The Future is Female Mentorship Program, female founders will learn insights into the fundamentals of PR and communications for tech startups, including creating a communications plan, incorporating storytelling into your business communications with multiple stakeholders, and more.
During the selection process, special consideration will be given to startups that focus on health, education, finance, agriculture, and sustainability.
In addition, startups that provide solutions and/or address African women’s and girls’ needs will also receive special consideration.
Eligibility Requirements for The Future is Female Mentorship Program
· The business is less than two years old.
· You are female-founded or have at least one woman who is part of the co-founder team.
· Your company is Africa-focused serving African markets or Africans in the Diaspora.
· The company is an early-stage startup (pre-series A investment).
· You have a business plan in place.
· You have a minimum viable product (MVP)
· You should have a functional website
· You have launched your startup and have initial traction (i.e., money, users, etc.)
2023 The Future is Female Mentorship Program Details
If you are a female-founded African startup with a fantastic service or product and want to learn how to leverage PR and communications to elevate your growing company, my madam, this program is for you!
• Customized online masterclasses with Claudine Moore, Allison+Partners Managing Director, Africa and Adjunct Professor, New York University and TechCabal Editor, with contributions from AfricaCommsWeek’s founders.
• Customized virtual sessions with Allison+partners team members and leading experts from the tech ecosystem specific to your business and sector
• Insights into the fundamentals of PR and communications for Africa-focused startups
• Practical examples of how to incorporate storytelling into your communications
• A topline review of The Three T’s: Theme, Tone, and Timing of communications and content creation
• Information on how to create an actionable communications campaign
• An overview of media relations with an outline of the differences between the hyper-local, regional and global press
• Tips on business relationship development with a cross-section of stakeholders
For More Information on The Future is Female Mentorship Program :