Chevening Scholarship 2024 Opened for Application.
Chevening enables outstanding emerging leaders from all over the world to pursue one-year master’s degrees in the UK.
There is no such thing as a ‘typical’ Chevening Scholar, but those who are successful tend to have ambition, leadership qualities, and a passion for influencing positive change in their home countries.
We encourage you to apply if you meet our eligibility criteria and other requirements. Your gender, age (there is no upper age limit), sexual orientation, religion, marriage or parenthood status, caste, class, or other attributes do not matter to us. What matters is your ability to submit a thoughtful application that demonstrates you are capable of excelling on an intense master’s course in the UK, and that you have a clear vision for your future.
Ineligible applications will be rejected, so it is important that you check that you meet our eligibility criteria before you start your application.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
· Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
· Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
· Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
· Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
· Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
· Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship.
· Are an employee, a former employee, or relative* of an employee of His Majesty’s Government, or have been within the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications (including the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, all British Embassies/High Commissions, the Home Office, the Ministry of Defence, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, the Department for International Trade and the UKVI), the British Council, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
· Employees, former employees, or relatives* of an employee of Chevening Partner organisations are eligible to apply, but if the employment took place within the last two years, you cannot receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organisation from which you work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
· Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
Having a master’s degree does not prevent you from applying for a Chevening Award to study for a second master’s degree in the UK, as long as you can clearly explain why it will help you fulfil your career plan to influence positive change in your home country.
Once submitted, applications undergo an electronic sift against our eligibility criteria. Any applications deemed ineligible will be removed from the selection process. Please see the list of common errors here. If you make these errors in your application form, your application will be ineligible. Please note that once your application has been submitted, it is not possible to change it retrospectively.
Coverage of Chevening Scholarship 2024
So, here is a list of the Chevening Scholarship 2022-2023 International Students Benefits. It will cover the following expenses:
· Tuition is an expense.
· The stipend is paid monthly.
· A travel stipend to enable you to participate in Chevening activities in the United Kingdom.
· In addition, if you book through Diversity Travel, Chevening will cover the cost of quarantine.
· Expenses for travel to and from the United Kingdom.
· The cost of one Visa application.
· Grants are available for attending a variety of events.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE AT 12:00 GMT
The deadline for applications is 7 November 2023 at 12:00 GMT (midday UK time)
Click HERE to read more and APPLY